Eye of the Tempest by Nicole Peeler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Take a look at the Jane True series cast:
- a half selkie who constantly engages in conversations with her libido;
- an attractive shapeshifter with a rather canine sense of fashion;
- a powerful gnome who always carries her rocking chair with her;
- a kelpie named Trill who turns into a pony;
- a satyr with a loincloth problem;
- a former porn star turned lesbian heiress socialite;
if you feel the corners of your mouth turning up by now, the Jane True Series might be just the thing for you.
Then, if you think you might want your story peppered with:
- incredibly funny and incredibly bad jokes (obviously complementarily);
- obscure and not so obscure pop culture references;
- an action packed urban fantasy plot populated by all kinds of supernaturals;
then you HAVE to read this series.
This book has been, so far, the very best in the series and I can't wait for the next book to come out - alas, next year.
I'm hacking off half star because of the rather huge plot hole in the middle of the book. Mr. Peeler, how could two of your most experienced characters act in such an amateurish way?
Nonetheless, a great funny UF series which doesn't get enough credit but I hope more people - with the right sense of humor - will read.
View all my reviews